Instructions: Copy & Paste Text Into Word Processor Application Of Your Choice. Please “X” Appropriate Choices Or Delete Non-Applicable Choices Per Question. Upload Completed Survey As File Attachment To: email@example.com
Vampire & Energy Work Research Survey
An Introspective Examination Of The Real Vampire Community
Authorized Edition v1.0 -
Purpose & Significance:
The Vampire & Energy Work Research Survey is conducted by the
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA] with support from various Houses and elders
from the vampire community. This survey will address questions about the vampiric experience which have consistently been
brought forward as concerns, either by members of the Community or
by outside researchers in the professional or academic sectors. We have
divided these concerns into the eleven topics which comprise the focus of this
survey. We see these recurring questions
as evidence of a need, felt by outside researchers and Community members alike,
for a larger body of reliable knowledge about how vampires describe their
personal experiences of dealing with their condition. We will attempt to gather data regarding
these issues by researching specific cultural, physical, psychological,
and emotional conditions that actually exist as written and reported from
a vampire perspective. To this end, we
intend to directly address these concerns: we will examine the different
traits associated with the vampiric condition
from feeding habits to psychic abilities; we will examine who vampires
are, their backgrounds, educations, and religious or spiritual choices; we
will gather data on how individuals experience their personal vampirism
and how they experience the vampire community; and we will distinguish the
differences between real vampirism and the role playing phenomenon.
Our goal is to provide this data in a comprehensive printed and digitally available analysis to the community as a resource for our deeper understanding of modern vampirism. We anticipate the results will provide a strong basis of fact and theoretical framework from which to dispel the popular misconceptions held by the public community, and highlight the flaws in the conventional theories of the scientific and academic communities regarding their frequent treatment of vampirism as both a cult and a dangerous practice. We hope that with the data gathered in this study available to the scholarly community as well as the vampire community, the questions that scholarly professionals have posed about us may be addressed from a solid factual base - the experiences reported by actual members of the Community. Furthermore, we intend to apply the raw data collected from this survey to several ongoing studies. The results will provide us with a statistical insight into the commonalities shared among real vampires and assist in identifying traits that may commonly occur in the public population but are misdiagnosed or dismissed. Using the census aspect of this study we will be able to evaluate the concentration of vampires in major metropolitan areas and throughout the world. This will permit us to highlight pockets of vampires that exist but may be under-represented in the Community. We will also be collecting personal family heredity information that will aid in establishing the frequency of vampirism throughout different generations and possible consideration of genetic inheritance theories. While this study employs a concurrent triangulation strategy, the qualitative aspects of our research will allow for a case study examination that covers the primary spectrum of beliefs and opinions held by the vampire community. The potential knowledge this survey may provide to the vampire community merits an extensive networking effort to gather support and participation.
In the pursuit of this goal, we believe that we are following in the tradition of, and building upon, the earliest efforts of members of our Community to share their experiences with each other online, on websites, forums, and in person discussions. The goal then, as it is now, was above all to help one another understand our experiences, and to enrich our Community's understanding of itself. While conducting this research we are committed to remaining neutral and abstaining from controversial rhetoric that could be viewed as biased. As researchers, we recognize that we have a responsibility to be both fair and thorough in serving our community. This is ultimately an effort by the Community, and for the Community, which we hope will also reach beyond our boundaries, to be a body of knowledge from which outside scholars can draw when trying to understand the reality of our lives and experience.
All involved with this project are deeply concerned with the safety, well-being, and happiness of the members of our Community. We believe that this study will be of aid to the Community as a whole, to help us understand each other and our situation, and to allow us as a Community to answer the analyses of outside researchers in our own words. This study will also benefit the individual respondents by providing an opportunity for reflection and examination of their unique individual experiences.
Participation in this study is completely voluntary; members of the Community who choose to participate should do so in order to further the Community’s knowledge, and should use their own judgment to decide whether participation is a positive, safe, and healthy activity based upon their own individual circumstances. Any participant may remove themselves from the study at any time, and may also ask questions of those administering the survey via anonymous e-mail for the duration of this study.
We are concerned with the safety and well-being of our Community members, and therefore acknowledge that for some individuals participation may put them at some form of risk. Having this survey in one’s possession, accessing the URL of the online version, or being observed in the process of completing the survey may cause risk or harm to some individuals from those outside the Community. Participants are the sole judges of their circumstances, and we encourage participation by only those Community members who feel that their situation will not be adversely affected, either emotionally, physically, economically, socially, or in any other manner, by any aspect or stage of participation.
The enforcement of privacy and ethical standards while conducting this research is paramount to all involved with this project. We wish to make the smallest footprint on the Community as possible in the distribution of and collection of data from this survey.
No response that yields information which could be used to locate or personally identify respondents or other members of the community should be given at any time. We will vigorously safeguard the privacy of our participants by employing various security measures to ensure complete anonymity. All form submissions completed online will be processed over a secure server, results stored offline, and no internet protocol addresses (IP) will be kept via an online log. Participants may also choose to safely submit this survey from an anonymous e-mail or by postal mail. Only raw statistical data collected from this survey in coded form will be made available to the general public once an internal review and analysis has been completed. After the cessation of this data collection all responses will be stored under lock and key in a secure location, never to be shared with other researchers or persons outside of the administrative body involved in this study, however, the aggregated data from the study, as well as analysis of that data and conclusions drawn from that data will be made publicly available.
If the survey is submitted online the participant will receive a unique seven digit code that may be utilized to remove their survey from final data analysis if chosen by the participant. If the participant completes this survey offline or via e-mail we ask that they write a random seven digit series of letters and numbers at the end of the final question under “exclusion option” so that the same consideration to privacy exclusion may be exercised as mandated by various international standard codes of ethics and institutional review board guidelines.
- 01 - Statistical
- 02 - Personal & Family Background
- 03 - Personal Culture & Environment
- 04 - Spiritual Beliefs
- 05 - Awakening
- 06 - Knowledge
- 07 - Vampire Beliefs & Paths
- 08 - Community Involvement
- 09 - Feeding & Donor
- 10 - Community Ethics
- 11 - The Future
Definitions & Precedent:
As an extension to the theory defined in this mixed methodology study we will attempt to explain the viewpoints of real vampirism rather than propose a controversial “universal” definition that would ultimately serve to exclude certain participants in the community. We recognize that claims of what comprises “true vampirism” or “living vampirism” varies to an almost infinite degree within the Community. However, generally there are universal characteristics shared among the majority that we hope will temporarily unite those who hold differences of opinion while completing this survey. Only the individual understands his or her own vampirism, path, and code of ethics and therefore, should answer all questions out of respect and in accordance with their own personal beliefs.
A vampire is essentially a blood drinker or an energy feeder that may display various levels of psychic ability. The vampires that are the focus of this study are individuals who cannot adequately sustain their own physical, mental, or spiritual well-being without the taking of blood or vital life force energy from other sources; often human. Without feeding (whether by a regular or infrequent schedule) the vampire will become lethargic, sickly, and often go through physical suffering or discomfort. Vampires often display signs of empathy, sense emotions, perceive auras of other humans, and are generally psychically aware of the world around them.
The supernatural, mythical, or vampire of popular romantic literature will not be examined in this study. While we will discuss the other more metaphorical applications of the term “vampire”, (psychological, clinical, criminal, blood fetishists, autovampirism, energy leeches, non-vampire lifestylers, or roleplayers), these are not the central focus nor should be used as a basis by which to answer the majority of these study questions.
The following section represents the various categories that relate to the modern classification of vampires as defined by feeding method. Terminology is haphazard and problematic within the Community, and the attempt is made below to acknowledge alternative spellings, and identify distinctions (some of which are controversial) which are made by some Community members.
The most common and universal distinction made within the Vampire Community is the distinction, based on feeding method, between Sanguinarian and Psi Vampires.
Sanguine Vampires (Sanguinarian) feed by the drinking of blood - either human or animal. Sanguinarian vampires can vary in their experience of blood hunger and in how often or in what quantities they need to feed, but the unique craving for blood and the physical symptoms associated with neglecting to drink blood are unifying features of sanguinarian vampirism. This term is commonly shortened to sang. Not all members of the Community actually acknowledge the difference between psychic and sanguinarian vampirism, and there is a popular but not universally-held theory within the Community that the life force energy or “prana” contained within the blood is the source from which they feed, rather than any physical component of the blood itself. This theory is supported by the notably small amount of blood that vampires consume to alleviate their hunger, but challenged by the fact that vampires who consider themselves primarily blood drinkers often do not display as many or any of the psychic tendencies that psychic vampires do, and more often report more physical symptoms, such as sense acuity and physical strength, than do the psychic vampires.
Psi Vampires are understood to feed psychically on life force energy. Psi (or psy) feeding is usually performed on a willing individual or from the ambient energies of a large group or crowd. This term is often mistakenly confused with the pop psychology use of “psychic vampire” or “psychological vampire”, used as a metaphor to describe specific socially manipulative behaviors. The most common usage within the Community, however, does not include this metaphor. Psi vampire, refers to a vampire who feeds by some manner of energy transfer; this term may also be shortened to psivamp. Psy vampire, and “psychic vampire” are sometimes considered synonyms for psi vampire, but are also sometimes employed as separate terms with distinctive meanings. For example, “psi” is often employed as a synonym for ESP phenomena in parapsychology, and “psy” is short for either “psychic” or “psychological.” Those who make distinctions between these terms may use these meanings as the basis for their reasoning.
Hybrid or Psi/Sang Vampires claim to have no primary feeding method, being able to feed from either source at any time. Others report changing their primary feeding source from energy to blood, or vice versa, at various points in their lives. Some, but not all, vampires who can feed or have fed via both methods choose to describe themselves as Psi/Sang or Hybrid vampires.
Some Community members go further to define sub-classes of vampirism based on the detailed methods and sources of psychic feeding. These classes are most often distinguished from one another based on the type of energy gained. Those who feed from natural or elemental energy, and those who feed from humans either during sexual contact, during magickal rituals, or during times of high emotional output may be described as specific types of vampires. Further subcategories of psi feeding energy exist, including terminology to describe those who feed from direct contact with the human aura, those who feed from the ambient energy of crowds and public places, those who can only absorb certain kinds of emotions, etc. While we respect individuals' choices of self-description, untangling the definitional problems surrounding these distinctions is beyond the scope of this study, and for our purposes, only the distinctions between blood drinkers and energy feeders will be addressed, with some attention given to the primary psychic source of psi feeding.
This survey is not timed or monitored, however, we ask that
you complete it without assistance from others and while in an alert state of mind. The complexity of this study warrants a
serious commitment of both time and mature consideration of each question
before answering. If you are unwilling
or able to dedicate yourself in this manner please refrain from
participation. All information is
strictly confidential, therefore, please
do NOT fill in responses of a personally identifiable nature in
sections that require written answers.
If completing by hand please “x” out ( S ) or fully darken the boxes that
correspond with each question; avoid checking ( R
) the boxes and print legibly. You may complete this survey in either digital
form: MS Word Forms Document - click
boxes and fill out, save, and
submit via anonymous e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or through your local
House, et al. in printed form by returning to the address provided below. If mailing, please either use the same
shipping address for the return address or simply leave blank if mailing within
Vampire & Energy Work Research Survey
An Introspective Examination Of The Real Vampire Community
Please answer truthfully, completely, and to the best of your ability. All information is strictly confidential, therefore, please do not fill in responses of a personally identifiable nature in sections that require written answers. If completing by hand, please print legibly.
Statistical & Demographic
003. Place Of Current Residence:
005. Current Marital Status:
006. Primary Sexual Orientation:
Personal & Family Background
007. Where were you born?
008. What year were you born? (Please Limit Responses To 20th Century)
009. What day of the month were you born?
010. What month were you born?
011. What day of the week were you born?
012. What general time of the day were you born?
013. If known, under what moon phase were you born?
014. Does your behavior change based on the phase of the moon?
015. If yes, which phase(s)? (Check All That Apply)
016. Do you have any siblings?
017. If yes, please indicate how many brothers and/or sisters:
018. If you have siblings what is the order of your birth?
019. Do you have any biological children?
020. What country of origin or "ethnic background" would your biological family be considered?
021. What color are your eyes?
022. Do the color of your eyes change in relation to your mood?
023. Would you classify your personality as introverted or extroverted?
In the introverted attitude the energy flow is inward, and the preferred focus is on thoughts and ideas. Introverts tend to be quiet, low-key, deliberate, and disengaged from the social world.
In the extroverted
attitude the energy flow is outward, and the preferred focus is on people
and things. Extroverts tend to be energetic, enthusiastic, action-oriented,
talkative, and assertive.
024. Have you ever taken the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality test?
025. If yes, to which type were you classified?
026. Have you ever had your IQ measured by either a professionally accredited institution or administered under a controlled setting?
027. If yes, what was your score?
028. Have you ever taken or been administered an emotional intelligence (EQ) test?
029. Which of the following EQ tests have you taken?
(Check All That Apply & Indicate Score If Known)
031. What is your individual yearly income level?
032. Which of the following do you value more in your life?
033. As a child, how would you have best classified your overall health?
034. As an adult, how would you now best classify your overall health?
035. Have you ever been diagnosed with any serious medical conditions that either required long term
treatment and/or otherwise is a permanent or incurable illness?
037. Which of the following conditions have you been diagnosed with? (Check All That Apply)
038. Have you ever been under the care or treatment of a psychiatrist or psychologist?
039. Are you currently prescribed and/or take psychiatric medication?
040. If yes, which of the following psychiatric medication are your currently prescribed and/or taking?
(Check All That Apply)
041. If you take psychiatric medications do they either adversely affect you in terms of their intended result or fail to affect your psychiatric or mental condition at all?
042. Which of the following have you donated? (Check All That Apply)
043. Have you ever been disqualified from donating blood or blood products?
044. If yes, for what reason were you disqualified from donating?
045. Have you ever
been diagnosed with platelet related disorders?
(Check All That Apply)
046. Have you ever been told that you were deficient in vitamin B12?
047. Which of the following types of allergies have you been diagnosed with? (Check All That Apply)
048. Do you believe you have an undiagnosed allergy?
049. If yes, what allergic reactions do you display?
050. What is your blood type?
051. Have you ever suffered from hypersensitivity?
Hypersensitivity is an immune response that damages the body's own tissues.
052. If yes, which type(s) of hypersensitivity have you suffered? (Check All That Apply)
053. Do you suffer from frequent minor illnesses?
054. Do you typically heal faster or slower than others around you suffering from similar conditions?
055. What type of eating schedule do you follow?
056. What time of day would you attribute yourself as being most active or mentally alert?
(Check All That Apply)
057. How many hours of sleep do you typically receive in a 24 hour period?
058. Do you ever experience a loss of awareness or rapidly perceived passing of more than 24 hours of time when not under the influence of any illegal or controlled substance?
059. What is your typical level of performance when placed in emotionally stressful or high pressure situations?
060. Have you ever suffered from a lack of nerve sensation?
061. Were you born with a physical abnormality?
062. Are you ambidextrous?
Ambidexterity is the ability of being equally adept with each hand (or, to a limited degree, feet).
063. Which hand do you most often use to write with?
064. Are you double jointed?
065. Is your second toe longer than your first?
066. Do you have a birthmark?
067. Are you photosensitive?
People that are photosensitive experience discomfort or get easily sunburned when exposed to UV light, which may come from sunlight or other sources including sunbeds.
068. Do you have visual sensitivity to light at night or night blindness?
069. Has your hearing ever been tested?
070. Would you describe your hearing as "above normal" or "better than average"?
071. Has your vision ever been tested?
072. Do you have a corrective vision prescription?
073. Do you have a photographic (eidetic) memory?
074. Do you suffer from dyslexia?
075. Do you frequently suffer from persistent or severe headaches?
076. If given a choice of temperate climates to which would you gravitate?
077. Are you aware of a family history of unexplained paranormal abilities, aptitudes, or sensitivities?
078. Are you aware of a family history of either being able to recognize, attract, or channel spirits, ghosts, or disembodied entities?
079. Are you aware of a family history of clairvoyance?
Clairvoyance is defined as a form of extra-sensory perception whereby a person perceives distant objects, persons, or events, including "seeing" through opaque objects and the detection of types of energy not normally perceptible to humans (i.e. radio waves). Typically, such perception is reported in visual terms, but may also include auditory impressions (sometimes called clairaudience) or kinesthetic impressions.
080. Do you personally possess the ability of, or have personally experienced clairvoyance?
(Please Answer Both Parts)
081. Are you aware of a family history of clairaudience?
Clairaudience is the ability to hear things not audible within normal hearing ranges. This is an example of extra-sensory perception (ESP).
082. Do you personally possess the ability of, or have personally experienced clairaudience?
(Please Answer Both Parts)
083. Are you aware of a family history of astral projection?
Astral projection (astral travel) is an interpretation of out-of-body experiences (OOBEs) achieved either consciously or via lucid dreaming, deep meditation, or use of psychotropics. Proponents of astral projection maintain that their consciousness or soul has transferred into an astral body (or "double"), which moves in tandem with the physical body in a parallel world known as the astral plane.
084. Do you personally possess the ability of, or have personally experienced astral projection?
(Please Answer Both Parts)
085. To the best of your recollection, have you ever had an out-of-body experience?
An out-of-body experience (OBE) typically involves a sensation of floating outside of one's body and, in some cases, seeing one's physical body from outside oneself
086. Are you aware of any relatives in your family that identify themselves as natural or practicing energy manipulators?
087. Are you aware of any relatives in your family that identify themselves as practicing shamans or witches?
088. Are there any relatives in your family that you believe may be natural witches or energy manipulators?
089. Are you aware of any relatives in your family that identify themselves as vampires?
090. Are there any relatives in your family that you believe may be vampires?
091. If yes to any question from 086 to 090, which side of your family has the greatest number of self-identified or suspected relatives?
092. Are you aware of a family history of psychokinesis or telekinesis?
Psychokinesis ("mind-movement") or PK is the more commonly used term today for what in the past was known as telekinesis ("distant-movement"). It refers to the psi ability to influence the behavior of matter by mental intention (or possibly some other aspect of mental activity) alone.
093. Do you personally possess the ability of, or have personally experienced psychokinesis or telekinesis? (Please Answer Both Parts)
094. Are you aware of a family history of psychometry?
Psychometry is a psi (or psychic) ability in which the user is able to relate details about the past condition of an object or area, usually by being in close contact with it.
095. Do you personally possess the ability of, or have personally experienced psychometry?
(Please Answer Both Parts)
096. Are you aware of a family history of pyrokinesis?
Pyrokinesis is the postulated psi ability to excite the atoms within an object, possibly creating enough energy to ignite the object.
097. Do you personally possess the ability of, or have personally experienced pyrokinesis?
(Please Answer Both Parts)
098. Can you perceive other’s auras?
An aura is an energy field around an object, plant, animal, or person. It contains information about the health of an organism, its emotional and mental state, and many other things. Color, texture, shape, size, and motion of the aura all provide information about the organism or object.
099. Do you consider yourself an empath?
Empathy in this context is defined as a paranormal or psychic ability to sense the emotions of others, often manifesting these emotions into physical or psychological changes within oneself or even broadcasting selected emotions to others.
100. How often are you told by someone else that you have “read their mind” after a later coincidental revelation or duplication in idea / action?
101. To the best of your recollection, have you ever experienced lucid dreaming?
Lucid dreaming is the conscious perception of one's state while dreaming, enabling a more cogent ("lucid") control over the content and quality of the experience. The complete experience from start to finish is a lucid dream.
102. To the best of your recollection, have you ever dream walked?
Dream walking involves the physical action of interacting with others while they are dreaming. The dream walker may either be asleep or in some instances awake while this occurs.
103. To the best of your recollection, have you ever suffered from sleep paralysis (“Old Hag Effect”)?
Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain is awakened from an REM state into essentially a normal fully awake state, but the bodily paralysis is still occurring. This causes the person to be fully aware, but unable to move. In addition, this state is usually accompanied by certain specific kinds of hallucinations. This state usually lasts no more than two minutes before a person is able to either return to full REM sleep or to become fully awake, though the sense of how much time has gone by is often distorted during sleep paralysis.
104. To the best of your recollection, have you ever experienced prophetic dreams?
Prophetic dreaming are dreams that involve the prediction or experience of future events.
105. Have any of the following appeared to you in either visions or personal dreams?
(Check All That Apply)
106. If yes, have any of these visions or dreams been recurring?
107. Have you ever woken from sleep with the taste of blood in your mouth without finding any physical evidence of cuts or blood present?
108. To the best of your recollection, have you ever experienced a psychic connection with someone either living or dead?
109. To the best of your recollection, have you ever experienced a poltergeist?
A is widely described as an invisible ghost that interacts with others by moving and influencing inanimate objects. Stories featuring poltergeists typically focus heavily on raps, thumps, knocks, footsteps, and bed-shaking, all without a discernable point of origin.
110. To the best of your recollection, have you ever experienced an encounter with a non-living spiritual entity?
111. Have you ever engaged in psychic attacks on others?
Any type of unwelcome paranormal or ethereal intrusion intended to cause harm or disruption to the recipient. Psychic vampire feedings are considered by some a form of psychic attack, especially when forced upon an unwilling victim.
112. Do you practice shielding techniques?
A shield is a bubble of energy that works just like a fence or a traditional physical shield. It can be used to screen the energy that moves through it, to keep out unwanted energy, to keep in energy, and to defend against someone else's negative energy.
113. Do you practice grounding techniques?
Grounding means connecting your energy and flow of energy to the earth in a stable, secure way. It allows you to get rid of unwanted energy, while taking in clean, balanced energy.
114. Do you practice centering techniques?
Centering means finding your own identity and essence, separate from the influences of societal expectations and pressures. It can enhance shielding, and if done well, can remove the need for shields entirely. It allows you to perceive your own energy, others' energy, and the energy of your environment clearly.
115. To the best of your recollection, have you ever experienced déjà vu?
The term déjà vu describes the experience of feeling that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously.
116. How often do you experience déjà vu?
117. Do you believe in magick?
Magic / Magick (as coined by Aleister Crowley) or sorcery are terms referring to the alleged influencing of events and physical phenomena by supernatural, mystical, or paranormal means.
118. Do you believe in reincarnation?
Reincarnation, literally to be made flesh again, as a doctrine or mystical belief, holds the notion that one's 'Spirit' ('Soul' depending on interpretation), 'Higher or True Self', 'Divine Spark', 'I' or 'Ego' (not to be confused with the ego as defined by psychology) or critical parts of these returns to the material world after physical death to be reborn in a new body.
119. Do you believe your spirit has existed in a former lifetime?
120. If yes, to which historical time period(s) do you attribute this past life? (Check All That Apply)
121. If you have experienced glimpses or visions of a past life please briefly describe the details of that past life and the surrounding environment or reoccurring themes.
Personal Culture & Environment
122. In which sector are you currently employed?
123. To what types of music do you listen? (Check All That Apply)
124. What types of clothes do you typically wear in a social setting with peers (outside of the work place)? (Check All That Apply)
125. Which of the following pets do you own or have owned in the past 10 years?
(Check All That Apply)
126. How often do you engage in exercise outside of work or recreational sports?
127. At which of the following sports or activities do you personally have moderate to highly developed skills? (Check All That Apply)
128. Do you play a musical instrument?
129. How many languages do you either speak, understand spoken, and/or write proficiently?
130. How would you classify your overall social political temperament?
131. In which setting do you feel more comfortable?
132. Have you ever devoted a significant portion of your time to the study of magick, demonology, or the occult?
133. Do you have any tattoos?
134. If yes, what is the theme of the majority of your tattoos?
135. Do you have any piercings (other than your ears)?
136. Do you have any major artificially induced body modifications?
137. Do you consider yourself Goth?
138. Have you ever attended a Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA), Live Action Role Playing (LARP), Renaissance, or other similarly related cultural event or festival?
139. If yes, how often do you attend these events?
140. Have you ever attended science-fiction, fantasy, comic, or role-playing conventions?
141. If yes, how often do you attend these conventions?
142. Do you engage in Sadomasochistic (S&M) activities?
143. Are you involved in any club that engages in blood play?
147. If yes,
what kind? (Check All That Apply)
150. Have you ever been a victim of discrimination based on your personal lifestyle?
151. To the best of your recollection, did you ever suffer either physical or sexual abuse as a child?
152. How would your classify the collective quality of your adulthood romantic relationships?
153. In the majority of adulthood romantic relationships or marriages that ended the primary person initiating the split was…
154. Do you associate yourself with any particular faith, discipline, paradigm (spiritual / fraternal), or religion?
155. If yes, which faith, discipline, paradigm (spiritual / fraternal), or religion do you identify with?
(Check All That Apply)
156. Which faith, discipline, paradigm (spiritual / fraternal), or religion do you identify with the most?
(Check Only One)
157. If you identify with multiple faiths, disciplines, paradigms (spiritual / fraternal), or religions please describe the synchronicity or philosophical blending of your beliefs below:
158. Do you personally hold a belief of religious pluralism?
People with pluralist beliefs make no distinction between faith systems, viewing each one as valid within a particular culture
159. Do you personally hold a belief of religious exclusivism?
People with exclusivist beliefs typically explain other religions as either in error, or as corruptions or counterfeits of the true faith.
160. Do you personally hold a belief of religious inclusivism?
People with inclusivist beliefs recognize some truth in all faith systems, highlighting agreements and minimizing differences, but see their own faith as in some way ultimate.
161. Do you personally hold a belief of religious syncretism?
People with syncretistic views blend the views of a variety of different religions or traditional beliefs into a unique fusion which suits their particular experience and context.
162. Do you attend either formal or informal religious or faith services?
163. If yes, how often do you attend services?
164. If yes, what type of services do you attend? (Check All That Apply)
165. Are you descended within three generations from tribal peoples such as Native American or South American Tribes, India, Celtic, African, Arab, or an Asian tribe that currently still practice tribal customs?
166. Do you attend any tribal worship or do you follow a particular tribe’s faith such as: Massai, Cherokee, Blackfoot/Kickapoo, Carribean, or African?
167. Do you believe in the existence of a monotheistic deity or one God (god)?
168. Do you ever struggle with your own spirituality and belief system as it relates to the nature of your vampirism?
169. Do you consider yourself to have a pronounced dark nature?
170. Do you acknowledge the existence of Otherkin?
Otherkin is a subculture made up of people who describe themselves as being non-human in some way, sometimes believing themselves to be mythological or legendary creatures. Most otherkin believe that they have non-human aspects that are either spiritual or philosophical in nature. Some otherkin claim that they are human in a physical sense, but non-human in a mental or spiritual one. Still others believe themselves to be biologically non-human with a direct relation to the species they associate themselves with or descended from that species.
* Optional: If yes, which of the above explanations of Otherkin do you agree with?
171. If yes, which types of Otherkin and other various subclasses do you believe exist?
(Check All That Apply)
172. Which types of Otherkin do you consider yourself to be? (Check All That Apply)